Dental Implants Offer Permanent Support for Your Restorations
Dental implants have revolutionized the field of restorative dentistry. Small titanium posts are surgically embedded in the jaw and replace missing tooth roots, providing unmatched stability and support for dental restorations. Dr. Clark Damon uses dental implants to restore the smiles of patients in Amarillo, Texas. If you want to learn more about dental implants, contact Amarillo Denture Clinic today.
Understanding Dental Implants
Patients wish to receive implant-supported restorations will typically undergo one-two procedures. First the implant itself—a small threaded post—is surgically placed in the jawbone. Dr. Damon provides high-quality titanium implants created by Nobel Biocare™.
On the day of placement, we often place a temporary tooth on the implant. As the surgical area heals over the course of four to six months, the posts fuse with the natural bone and provide permanent support for restorations. Once the implant fully integrates with the jawbone, we proceed with the final restorative process. Once the area has healed, we attach a range of custom-made restorations securely to your abutment, ensuring your implant-supported denture or crown remains firmly in place.
Evaluating Your Candidacy
When determining your candidacy for dental implants, Dr. Damon considers several factors.
- Your overall physical health is important for treating geriatric patients.
- Structure of your jaw-Implant patients must have a healthy bone in their jaw to support the embedded restorations. If you have a deteriorated or weakened jawbone, you are not necessarily excluded from receiving dental implants; instead, Dr. Damon may recommend a bone grafting procedure to restore volume, or a non-traditional type of dental implant.
Types of Dental Implants
You have not qualified for traditional dental implants in the past, we may be able to provide an effective alternative. Dr. Damon will evaluate the number of missing teeth, your jaw health, and other personal factors to identify the best option. Patients at Amarillo Denture Clinic can choose from the following options:
- Traditional dental implants – The gold standard of implant dentistry, a single titanium post is used to help replace a missing tooth.
- Mini dental implants – These implants are smaller in diameter than traditional types, and are often a better choice for geriatric patients or those with diminished jawbone density.
- All-on-4® implants – Dr. Damon will place only four implants to help support a full-arch restoration.
- Immediate-load implants – These specially designed implants will support a restoration after as little as 48 hours of healing.
Whether you need to replace a single tooth or an entire arch, we will design a dental implants treatment that best meets your needs.
Learn More about Implants at Amarillo Denture Clinic
Discover more about the different types and benefits of implants, Schedule an appointment with Dr. Damon to find out if implants are right for you.