Complete and Partial Dentures Can Help Restore a Damaged Smile
Dentures have helped millions of people with missing teeth restore the appearance and function of their smiles. Modern dentures can fit comfortably and securely, and they often look virtually identical to natural teeth thanks to advanced dental materials. At Texas Denture Clinic and Implant Center, we offer several types of complete and partial dentures to help restore the smiles of patients in Amarillo, TX, after tooth loss. Dr. Clark Damon takes great care in helping his patients choose from a range of denture types to find one that best fits their unique needs. Contact our office today to learn which type of denture is right for you or your loved one.
Some examples of dentures Immediate and Replacement Dentures
Complete vs. Partial Dentures
Dentures are generally classified as either complete or partial based on their size and the number of teeth being replaced. Complete dentures are used to replace an entire dental arch when no healthy teeth remain. A complete denture will typically feature a plastic base and artificial teeth that are custom designed to blend with the look of your natural smile and gums. Conversely, partial dentures are used to replace large gaps in a smile by blending with surrounding natural teeth. The type and cost of your denture will depend on a number of individualized factors.
Complete Dentures are considered replacement dentures when replacing old and worn out dentures. They are also called Immediate Dentures when given to a patient initially when their teeth are removed.
Types of Complete Dentures
Dr. Damon proudly offers traditional, implant-supported, and immediate versions of complete dentures. Each provides its own unique features and benefits:
- Traditional dentures are secured by suction and dental adhesives; and are removable. These types are affordable and minimally invasive and cost effective.
- Implant-supported dentures are held in place by titanium posts embedded in the jaw and designed to last for many years. These dentures offer unparalleled support and durability.
- Immediate dentures are given the day your teeth are removed. These restorations offer an instant improvement to a patient's oral function and appearance.
Before finalizing your complete restoration, our in-office lab will create an identical wax version, so you can try it on to ensure an optimum fit. When creating your denture, we proudly utilize Diamond D Acrylic, widely considered to be one of the most lifelike restorative materials available today.
Types of Partial Dentures
If you need to replace a number of adjacent missing teeth, Dr. Damon and his team offer several types of partial dentures:
- Cast partial dentures: Metal frames attach to adjacent teeth to keep your denture firmly in place
- ClearFrame® partial dentures: Similar to cast dentures, except the frames of the denture are made of discreet, clear nylon
- Valplast® partial dentures: The world’s first flexible partial denture fits over your teeth for a very discreet look
- Acrylic flipper dentures: Temporary flippers fill in the gaps between teeth during recovery from an extraction procedure
- Implant-supported partial dentures: Implanted titanium posts take the place of tooth roots and provide permanent support for partial restorations
During your personal consultation, Dr. Damon can review all of the different options and features to help you choose a denture that will best meet your oral health needs.
Schedule a Denture Consultation Today
At Texas Denture Clinic and Implant Center in Amarillo, Tx, Dr. Damon and his experienced team use advanced materials and planning to provide denture patients with the most lifelike restorations possible. Contact our office today and find out which type of dentures are right for you. Give us a call at 806 803 9219.