Dental Implants Offer Permanent Support for Your Restorations
Dental implants have completely revolutionized the field of restorative dentistry. These small titanium posts are surgically embedded in the jaw and serve the role of missing tooth roots, helping to provide unmatched stability and support for dental restorations. Dr. Clark Damon and Dr. Ron Whittington use dental implants to restore the smiles of patients in Amarillo, TX. If you would like to learn more about dental implants, schedule an appointment at Texas Denture Clinic and Implant Center today.
Most Advanced Implant Office in Amarillo, TX
Our Amarillo, TX office offers the most advanced dental implant placement methods. Gone are the days (usually) of having a tooth extracted, waiting 4 months to have the implant placed, then waiting another 4-5 months for the bone to fuse to fabricate your final implant crown. Every day we are removing a bad tooth, placing a dental implant, some bone graft, and often placing a tooth on the implant that day. Our time to teeth is as fast as it can be. We know our patients have lives elsewhere so why spend it in a dental office.
Implants are placed under IV Sedation. So our patients are comfortable and they do not have to go from office to office. We handle everything here!
Understanding Dental Implants
Patients who want to receive implant-supported restorations will typically undergo one or 2 procedures. First the implant itself — a small threaded post — is surgically placed in the jawbone, for many of our patients we will place Immediate Temporary teeth on these implants the day the implant is placed. Dr. Damon proudly offers Exclusive use of only high-quality titanium implants created by Nobel Biocare™. As the surgical area heals over the course of four to six months, the posts will fuse with the natural bone and provide permanent support for restorations. Once the implant has fully integrated with the jawbone, our Doctors will then finalize your implant restoration with final impressions and then send the case to our lab to have a porcelain implant crown or abutment made. Again, some patients wishing to have a temporary placed on the implant at the time of placement, will have a temporary tooth during the healing phase. This is only possible with implant torque of 35 NCm (which happens often).
Evaluating Your Candidacy
When determining your candidacy for dental implants, Dr. Damon and Dr. Blankenship will consider several factors. First, they will review your overall physical health. If you are healthy enough for oral surgery, they will next evaluate the structure of your jaw. Implant patients must have enough healthy bone in their jaw to support the embedded restorations. If you have a deteriorated or weakened jawbone, you are not necessarily excluded from receiving dental implants. our Doctors may recommend a bone grafting procedure to restore volume, or a non-traditional type of dental implant.
Types of Dental Implants
We are a True Dental Implant Center offering every dental implant available, also offering Zygoma implants, for patients with NO BONE in their top (maxillary) jaw. Patients at Texas Denture Clinic and Implant Center can choose from:
- Single Unit Dental Implants - This is the common solution for patients who are missing 1 or 2 teeth. Here we just recreate the tooth for the single missing site. Patients may suffer from missing teeth at birth, may have lost a tooth due to trauma or infection. Dr. Damon prefers a single unit implant versus a traditional 3 unit bridge. He is found telling many patients "Keep a single tooth problem a single tooth problem, don't make a single tooth problem a three tooth problem with a bridge."
- All-on-4® implants - Using this advanced technique, Dr. Damon can place four implants to help support a full-arch restoration. With the All on Four we are able to replace an entire arch of failing teeth with dental implants and a fixed non removable temporary in a matter of hours!
- Trefoil Implant Concept - developed by Nobel Biocare, this new dental implant concept can provide patients a fixed solution for the lower jaw. The costs are also much less then the All on Four. Not all patients (but 80% or more are) are candidates so a consultation is necessary.
- Snap on Dental Implants - For our office, we only utilize the snap on concept for the lower jaw. With as little as 2 implants we can attach a denture so that patients have increased bite force, security, and stability.
- Mini dental implants - These implants are smaller in diameter than traditional types, and can be more appropriate for geriatric patients or those with diminished jawbone density. Please note: there are many caveats to this treatment and is is generally not recommended. We prefer patients to seek traditional implant therapies over mini dental implants.
Whether you need to replace a single tooth or an entire arch, we can design a dental implants treatment that best meets your needs.
Learn More about Implants at Texas Denture Clinic
Discover more about types of implants and the benefits of this treatment. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Damon and find out if implants are right for you.